Innovation: QuickView's Edge on Pipe Inspection
QuickView looks as far as 350' down mainlines 6-60" dia. Actual Range depends on:
- Debris: Heavy debris that blocks illumination or view decreases range.
- Pipe Material: Certain materials (such as PVC) promote light penetration better than others.
- Pipe Diameter: Pipe diameter affects the degree of sidewall viewing possible at a given distance.
- Pipe Geometry/Condition: Curvature or offset of pipe can reduce viewing range.
Zoom factor indicates the extent to which you can enlarge a distant target. The published zoom factor for a camera contains two components: optical zoom and digital zoom. With optical zoom, detail improves as the subject is enlarged onscreen. With digital zoom, detail does not improves as the subject is enlarged.
QuickView boasts a 432:1 overall zoom and 36:1 optical zoom. The screen images above show how a five-dollar bill would appear onscreen at various zoom settings.
The images above do not show full subject resolution, but rather subject size onscreen.
QuickView uses twin high-intensity discharge (HID) lamps with 6-degree beam spread to maximize the distance illumination is projected into the pipe. The lamps cast even, full-spectrum illumination to ensure optimum detail.
QuickView’s targeting fixture maintains a centerline view in common pipe sizes, and stabilizes the instrument in sediment. Its damper spring allows fine height adjustment during use. To adjust the targeting fixture, an operator:
- Loosens the hand screw (1),
- Slides the leg to the proper diameter marking (2), and
- Re-tightens the hand screw (1).
QuickView’s collapsible carbon-fiber pole is lightweight and rigid, making the system easy to maneuver, yet free of pole wobble. For rapid, in-place deployment, segments can be locked using just one hand.
QuickView's internal microprocessor calculates the following based on field-of-view angle and focal distance:
- Target distance
- Pipe diameter
- Manhole diameter
- Manhole depth
An onscreen menu makes getting the right measurement easy.